Tuesday, June 29, 2010

my baby.

You sometimes hear phrases that begin with 'It seems like just yesterday'. For the past little while now, those 5 words have been playing over and over again in my mind, and it happens each school year as it comes to a close again. This year is particularly epic to me, since it marks an end to a chapter in my life as a mom, my youngest Blythe has completed kindergarten. Including Quentin and Harley, it's been 6 years of kindergarten in total - 6 years of making play-dough for teachers, listening to their little songs, and since kindergarten is essentially, part-time school, it is the end of having one of my little guys at home with me at certain points during the week. It's a milestone in my family, and I will treasure these past 6 years in my heart always.

Yesterday was the last day Blythe and I hung out while Quentin and Harley were in school. We had a date together at McDonald's, sharing conversation and I watched him play. He had his usual (chicken nugget happy meal) and did his usual (make me laugh hysterically). I love this kid. His sweet smile, his little antics, his big blue eyes. So proud of him. This blog is for Blythe, my baby. Congrats on graduating kindergarten! :)

2
3
5

I normally don't tell my kids to smile for every photograph. Blythe is seriously this smiley!
4

We held hands during lunch..
6
Untitled-3
8
7
11

This morning I took a pic of Blythe as he made his way out the door. I had a heaviness in my heart and lump in my throat...
12

It seems like just yesterday.


1 comment:

  1. The holding hands picture... I fought the tears on.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment!