Monday, September 6, 2010

the last bittersweet day.

It's the last day of summer vacation. Back to school is such a bittersweet deal for me. Sweet, because tomorrow marks the first day that all 3 of my boys are in school FULL-TIME - which makes me giddy with excitement...Sweet, because I actually want the routine and structure back. Bitter, because I simply love summertime, home with my boys, living life in the slow lane. I love thick cable-knit sweaters and walks through fallen leaves, but I also love the sound of lapping waves and the squishiness of sand between my toes.

So here I sit, pondering over tomorrow, a little anxious about how the first day of school will go. And even though my boys are wrestling, yelling and making farting noises in the other room as I type away here, I will miss them when the house seems too quiet tomorrow.

I know many of you parents feel the same. Which leads me to conclude to myself again that parenthood is a tremendously emotional job, the highs and lows, the ups and downs, the pain and the pride.

So back to summer. I took some time to search for some of my favourite photographs of the season to share with you. Summer 2010, you've been a good one!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





All the best to all the kiddos out there going back to school tomorrow, and to all the parents who will fuss and fret, seeing them off with a hug and kiss. Enjoy the quiet.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment!