Tuesday, September 7, 2010

lunchbox love.

First day of school!

To my amazement, my boys were all up and ready to go this morning at warp speed! Quentin, helping his brothers flatten their 'bedheads' and Harley popping into the kitchen with a "hi Mom!". Blythe crept downstairs in his pjs, but he was the first one down to give me his morning bear hug.

I packed their lunches (following Quentin's advice not to pack too much), and then it was time for the fun part. I had purchased some lunchbox lovenotes from Say Please - and I've been excited to open them all week! They are absolutely adorable! I snuck one in to each of my boys' lunchbags, giggling to myself that I would most likely embarass them because of it - but isn't that what Mommies are supposed to do anyways?

Here is a what is inside each card kit...

Photobucket

And so I am sharing this with all of you Moms and Dads out there who, like me, wrap each sandwich lovingly, wash each apple carefully and pack those lunchbags with a heart full of love. Add a little hug. Pop in a note, even a handwritten one, that just says 'I love you'. They may go beet red in front of their friends, but it's about adding positivity throughout their day when we're not with them to verbally do it.

Here are some of the examples from my 'lunchbox lovenotes'...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the cool website and information I'd like to share with you..

Photobucket

Finally, a few photos of my boys as they headed off for their first day of...

grade one...

Photobucket

grade three...

Photobucket

and grade five...(serious pose...I don't make my kids smile if they don't want to.)

Photobucket

Altogether now..

Photobucket

All the best to all the kids out there on their first day of school :)





2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment!